Are you looking for better ways to manage your child’s difficult behaviors?
Are you looking for better ways to discipline your child? When “discipline” means to teach for “next time?”
Are you wondering where to turn for help when your child has difficult behaviors at home and/or at school? Difficult behaviors such as:
- Having temper tantrums?
- Being uncooperative and not “listening” to parents?
- Having trouble being in circle time and not “listening” to teachers?
- Having trouble in their relationships with parents, siblings, classmates, friends?
When parenting is hard you may need more understanding of what you are going through, more support to help you get through this time, more grace, and more encouragement. You may need more tools. You will need less criticism, less guilt, less self-blaming. Here are some parenting challenges that we can work on together:
- Supporting a child who is struggling in preschool or elementary school.
- Parenting toddlers and preschoolers, including managing potty training, picking a preschool, supporting new friendships, managing temper tantrums and time-outs.
- Finding ways to stop bribing your children in order to get their cooperation.
- Finding ways to remain calm when emotions are high.
Some parents may need support simplifying their family and work life:
- Finding a better work-life balance between your professional and personal life.
- Managing work and family life responsibilities.
- Finding the right childcare.
- Returning to work after parental leave.
My name is Jennifer Watanabe. I retired from Bellevue College in Washington state after 24 years of teaching parenting classes.
I offer parents confidential consultations and coaching. My approach is one of encouragement and guidance – through those difficult parenting moments. No judgment. No blaming.
You can schedule a time for us to introduce ourselves. This is a complementary 15-minute call.
During this call, we can each determine if consulting/coaching will help your family. If so, then future appointments can be made.
See the calendar for available appointments for an Introduction call. If you want an appointment at a time that is not listed, please email me. We will find a time.
206-399-4355 okay to text
*** Sometimes after I meet with parents, I may wonder if it would be helpful for the parents to consult with their child’s pediatrician. If so, then I will make that recommendation.
The consulting/coaching services are available on Zoom, on the phone, or in-person.
Appointments are available on Zoom, over the phone, or in person. Please contact me for more information.
- Certified Parent Coach from Seattle Pacific University’s Parent Coaching Institute since 2007
- Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator since 2011
Coaching and consulting are not therapy. Therapy TREATS emotional wounds and can be a much-needed family resource. Coaching and consulting acknowledge the past. Parents can CREATE a plan for moving forward.